Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2017

#ewew tries Maggi Roasted Sesame Chicken

I was at the supermarket the other day when I spotted this new flavour from Maggi that I've not seen before.....Roasted Sesame Chicken (Perisa Ayam Bijan Panggang).

I don't know how long it's been out in the market...probably a little over a month since I saw a youtube video on it dated 25 April 2017.  I bought a packet-of-five for RM5.20.  Let's see how it tastes.

Each individual packet of Maggi mee comes with a sachet of seasoning powder and the all important sesame oil packet, of course, that makes it different from all the other Maggi noodles, I suppose.

You're supposed to cook the noodles, as usual, with the seasoning powder.  Only drizzle in the sesame oil over the noodles once they're cooked.

The only difference is that the noodles are thicker and chewier if compared to their Maggi Chicken (Perisa Ayam). Is it just me or do you feel their packet of noodles seem to be getting smaller these days? :P  Out of curiosity, I checked the packaging details and found out that this one is 70g compared to Maggi Chicken which is 77g. And guess what....Maggi Curry is 79g.  So, now I know...and I was right, the noodles are getting smaller! >:(

Other than the thicker noodles, I didn't detect any significant difference in the taste between this one and their Maggi Chicken except this one has sesame oil over it, that's all.

It tasted very much like the tried and tested Maggi Chicken flavour above with my own sesame oil (which look almost identical, right?)  Well, excuse me if I thought it was some kind of roasted sesame chicken flavour (from the packaging)....I didn't know the roasted sesame was referring to the oil! @_@  I think their product name is rather misleading.

I put in my own sesame oil over Maggi Chicken noodles all the time anyway...and the brand of sesame oil I use tastes better.  The one on the left is Maggi Roasted Sesame Chicken and the one on the right is Maggi Chicken (with my own sesame oil).  Does it look any different to you?  Ish, looks like I got bamboozled with this one! >:(  You pay a higher price for it but end up with something that has no significant difference.  If you already have your own sesame oil in the kitchen, you don't really need to get this.....seriously! >_<

10 comments:

  1. Ooo, I haven't been keeping track of recent flavours - what's the weirdest flavour in Malaysian stores right now? Unagi-flavored soup? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can keep up with all the new flavours any way. There are just too many. Unagi flavoured soup...if I find that one, I'd sure love to try! ;P

      Delete
  2. I like this post as you cracked me up! I salute your meticulous character to check all the weight to know how inflation is silently affecting us. After giggling, I felt worried instead at the way the manufacturers could deceive the consumers. Thanks for waking me up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if the intention was deliberate but they could have named their product less ambiguously.

      Delete
  3. For instant noodles, my favourite will be Cintan Mee, the original flavor :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Cintan Mee to be honest as I've always been eating Maggi. Perhaps, it's time I give this a try =)

      Delete
  4. I think the last time I had a pack of Maggi noodles was in university.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you knowing that you're an advocate for eating healthy.

      Delete
  5. I agree that the name is misleading. Perhaps Maggi Chicken with Roasted Sesame? I remember my dorm mates would make Maggi mee in the evenings - just hot water, noodles and seasoning. How nutritious hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Maggi Mee is certainly a student's best friend! ^_^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...