Pages

Friday 14 April 2017

Ra.Ft Cafe @ Lorong Binjai

I first saw photos of this new cafe in the city, Ra.Ft Cafe @ Lorong Binjai from eatdrinkkl and was instantly attracted to this sunny cafe with 'green' ambience and floor-to-ceiling glass walls.

I even suggested this charming cafe to a friend (when she asked for a recommendation for her office luncheon with clients) even though I've yet to visit the place myself.  Imagine me recommending some place that I've not even been to.  I guess I know a good thing when I see one (or I was just convinced further when I saw photos of the captivating food on theyumlist).  Incidentally, my friend liked it and gave a 'thumbs up' to the place...phew!).  So, that meant I must visit soon...and visit I did when I came here with another friend recently.

Even more greenery on the wall :)

Ra.Ft got its name from the initials of their Italian founders, Andrea Rossi and Filippo Tomelleri (along with rather cute job titles of Director of Coffeebeans-counting & Director of Storytelling in their name cards)! ;)

We were greeted at the entrance by smiling staff and ushered to our seats.  One of the owners (Filippo himself) attended to us and brought us the menu...and asked us to call upon him should we need any kind of assistance.  Not only that but he also graciously helped my friend with some photo taking.  His engaging personality makes him very likable (I can see why he's the Director of Storytelling ^_~) which will endear him to his customers no doubt...we couldn't ask for a better start.

Like any breakfast cafes, a big breakfast for ferocious appetites is a must...and Ra.Ft's version fulfills that need (and more) with their RA-FT 'All in One' Breakfast @ RM30.

That boasts of a big platter filled with streaky pork bacon, chicken or pork sausage, eggs of your choice (scrambled or sunny side up), sauteed mushrooms, smashed potatoes with a bit of melted cheese on top, roasted tomatoes, baked beans and a slice of home-made bread with herbed butter.

Everything on the plate was nicely done and a delight to eat...the scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked, the mushrooms were seasoned just right, even the smashed potato with crisp edges was tasty.

And the bacon, of course, was crisp and fragrant but the pork sausage, bursting with flavour, was my most favoured thing on the plate...sooooooooooo good!  This one definitely cements its place on my list of BBB (best big breakfasts) ^o^

Even the simple home-made and well toasted bread with herbed butter deserve praise...and we could have easily devoured another slice.  This is a breakfast built for one large or two more petite appetites.  But after tasting all the components, sharing is probably the last thing on your mind! ;D

But share we did, just like our next order of pancakes.   We decided to have our Pancakes stuffed with Crispy Bacon and drizzled with Maple Syrup @ RM18.  You can also choose to have your pancakes original with honey and mixed berries (RM15) or stuffed with nutella (RM16).

Is that pretty or what? :)

The pancakes were delivered piping hot to the table.  These were large, thick, firmer-textured pancakes with a nice crust on the outside....and they were absolutely scrumptious.

When they arrived, I thought the crispy bacon on top and the small bits on the plate were all the bacon there was until I cut into the pancakes and found them generously stuffed with even more crispy bacon...dreams do come true! ^_*

The stuffed bacon added texture and savouriness to the pancakes. Best eaten while they're still warm. Extremely delish =)

Even though there was a sprinkling of sweetness provided by the powdered sugar, there wasn't quite enough of the fragrant maple syrup for the stack of pancakes.  I needed more.  I wanted more.  I asked for more.  I was given more! ;P

We also ordered a French Croissant (with Nutella & Almonds) @ RM8 for my friend's daughter.  You also have an option with butter and strawberry jam for just RM6 or a more deluxe version with parma ham and buffalo mozzarella (served with rocket salad) for RM25.

Now who wouldn't be thrilled with a soft, buttery croissant that's crisp and flaky on the outside, filled with chocolaty goodness on the inside, drizzled with even more chocolate (or nutella?) and finished with crunchy almonds on top.

It's bound to make any little girl (or even big girls) deliriously happy.  A good croissant with a great cup of coffee is all one needs as a pick-me-up in the morning.  A light breakfast with an equally light price.

In fact, Filippo, one of the cafe owners, served us all the three dishes himself (you don't see that happening often in cafes) and he made sure to return to check back with us on the food.  That's commitment, passion and service for you =)

There are lots of options on the menu from eggs benedict to toasts, croissants, bagels and pancakes...and I'm sure you'll find one that'll satisfy your needs.  You can even custom-make or create your own favourite breakfast by choosing the type of bread, eggs, proteins and sides you want.

If that's not enough, there are healthy vegetarian options like Bircher Muesli (RM10) or The Botanist (RM22), the latter which a friend of mine ordered on her visit and sent me a pic of.  Made with loads of healthy greens like broccoli, kale, zucchini, pea sprouts and mashed peas served with a poached egg and multigrain gluten-free bread to satisfy those looking for a super healthy and guilt-free meal.  I think I got a wee bit healthier just looking at it...wuahahahaha! :D

And to round up a good breakfast, the coffees need to be great.....and they delivered on that note too.

Hot Latte @ RM9

Hot Mochaccino @ RM9

Their barista made some uncommon but cute coffee art for us.....a bunny and a fox? ^_^

This cafe is kid-friendly too with a fairly spacious kids play area (with lots of soft toys) calmly hidden at the back of the cafe.

My Personal Opinion

The food ticked all the right boxes for taste, value, portion and presentation....and the coffees were equally great too.  The super friendly service and, in particular, Filippo's charming, chatty and engaging personality is bound to win you over.

If you're working or staying in the vicinity of KLCC, this trendy and friendly Italian-style cafe/bistro in the heart of KL is a must-visit.  An excellent spot to unwind and enjoy awesome food with family, friends or colleagues.

What more can I say?  My dining experience here was perfect.....just perfect! ^.^  I want (and need) more of such experiences! ^_~

Ra.Ft Cafe
Unit G-1 Ground Floor
Binjai 8 Lorong Binjai
Off Persiaran KLCC
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2181 1091

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. The way each staff member is made feel valuable and an essential part of the team is heartwarming. More of these style of businesses in KL please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss, I totally agree :) It's very encouraging to see the owners passion to ensure their customers are well taken care of.

      Delete
  2. Yay for Andrea and Filippo - I'm sure they'd be really glad and grateful to read your encouraging thoughts. Yeah, this place does feel like a labour of love, and hopefully more and more people in the klcc area will discover it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. They certainly deserve our patronage. This is turning out to be one of my favourite places and surely one of the few really good cafes in the heart of the city =)

      Delete
  3. That big breakfast is colossal! My type of size hee..hee... Wah, I like that pancake. Not only bacon as topping, there is more bacon in between the pancakes! Another place bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try it soon. It's definitely worth the trip all the way to KL for (for those living in PJ) ^_* I super like the pancakes too. ^o^

      Delete
  4. Wah! This place is for the very atas diners. I like the size of the big breakfast which is worth the price. Even the coffee art is good and interesting. I will bring my wife there soon! She needs some excitement. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a very nice place with beautiful ambience to 'paktor' with your wife. The place looks 'atas' but the prices are not! ^o^

      Delete
  5. Director of Coffeebeans-counting & Director of Storytelling =.="
    An angry fox on that hot Mochaccino, LOL
    That pile of greens are a bit too much for me too~~
    Oh, I like restaurant/cafe with play area but I doubt it suitable for Sam as she's 8yo now and small/simple toys no longer can satisfy her :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, most play areas I've come across have very kiddy toys, so in that sense they aren't really suitable for older kids. I guess it's just a place for them to lounge around (away from their families) if they want to.

      I can see why Filippo is the Directory of Storytelling as he has this knack of engaging with people :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...