Pages

Thursday 10 August 2017

6 Places for Belly-Good Big Breakfasts

These are some of my favourite places for the BBBs (Best Big Breakfasts) ^_~  Or, in my context, the Belly-Good Big Breakfasts I've had the pleasure of eating over the years.  And the benchmark?  Hopefully perfectly cooked eggs and preferably house-made sausages! ^_~

Big Breakfasts are one of the most ordered breakfast dishes in any breakfast/brunch cafes (if it's on the menu) as they appeal to all ages! ;)  I think it has such a drawing power because it really appeals to many local palates...now who wouldn't want bacon, sausages, eggs, mushrooms and more on their breakfast plate? It's an all-rounded breakfast dish where you can sink your teeth into a bit of everything....and that sounds mighty fine to a lot of people.

So, here's my list of favourite places for some Belly-Good Big Breakfasts.....in no particular order :)


Let's begin with the one that started it all...Antipodean's Big Breakfast.  There was no way I could list my favourite big breakfasts and not include my very first good one (who can't remember their 'firsts' *wink wink*).   Although it's been more than 3 years, I can still remember the smoky, salty, delicious pork (and beef) sausages that first 'caught' my taste buds.


Loved how Yellow Brick Road elevated simple baked beans in their Big Breakfast Bash.  The unique addition of grilled sweet potatoes was a nice touch and finished with a beautiful presentation in a pan.  Bring your appetite! ^.^


Sunny side up eggs cooked just right.  Good spicy Italian chicken sausage.  Crisp toasted bread with French butter seals the deal in La Casa's One Pan Breakfast.


Awesome 'bursting with flavour' pork sausage.....sooooooooo good!  Crispy bacon...double the pleasure ;)  Stunningly fluffy and creamy scrambled eggs.  Juicy vine tomatoes.  There's nothing I didn't like in Ra.Ft's 'All in One' Breakfast.  Every bite is worth the calories! ^o^


Amazing house-made chicken sausage complemented by charred cherry tomatoes and a sweet corn relish.  Perfectly cooked poached eggs.  Common Man's Full Breakfast is full on! ;)

Table 9 Cafe & Kitchen @ Bangsar


Table 9's Breakfast gets my vote for the creamy scrambled eggs and fluffy french toast.  Loved that there's an option to substitute normal toast with french toast for a nominal fee.  Get ready to eat! ^_^

For me, a big breakfast is an insight to the cafe's food and, depending on how successful that dish is, it gives me an inkling as to just how much I might like the food.  If my memory serves me right, I've not liked a big breakfast at a cafe and not liked the rest of their food...so far! ;P

This list of BBBs is by no means exhaustive...they're just a few of my favourites.  I'm sure there'll be further additions to this list and more excellent big breakfasts waiting to be discovered and devoured in the months ahead.

These places may be worth your while to seek out if you have a thing for big breakfasts.  Belly-good, I tell ya! ^_~

10 comments:

  1. i like how all the big breakfasts you chose are pretty distinctive in their own right and different from each other! :) i personally don't order big breakfasts that much cos i don't love baked beans, mushrooms or toast - three things that we so often see in KL's big breakfasts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer something more unique than a big breakfast myself but, when I'm out with friends (and their kids), they all love big breakfasts, so we end up ordering them quite often :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, they all look substantial and very pleasing! I have not been to any one of the 6. I understand that there is an Antipodean at Atria Damansara Jaya. I think that shall be my first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's great...start from the top and work your way down the list! ;)

      Delete
  3. I have only visited this Antipodean at the first outlet in Bangsar. Nice!
    Thanks for the list which I will save in my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome...hope you get to try some of the others on the list, some of which are pretty near you! ;)

      Delete
  4. I've tried two of your recommendations Antipodean and Common Man. The former was pretty good but the latter was a bit overpriced and overrated, just my two cents :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry you felt the food was overrated (I suppose not everything on the menu is good). I do agree the prices at Common Man is slightly higher than the average price of RM30 for BB elsewhere but I feel it's justified coz when you look at the ingredients individually (house-made sausages, mixed mushrooms including shimeji, free-range organic eggs, wholemeal or sourdough bread and more), they're certainly more premium ingredients. If I had gotten the generic ingredients like commercially-made sausages, baked beans and a bunch of salad leaves, I'd be disappointed with the price for sure. Call me bias, but when I love the food (though I've only tried two, but both were excellent, and I can't wait to try more), nothing seems overpriced....kekeke! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...