Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2016

My Pandora Journey

Since Christmas is all about sparkles, I thought I'd take you on a sparkly journey.  Well, my Pandora journey to be exact....which started in December 2014 when my friends got me a Pandora bracelet as a gift.
Now who can resist when presented with a packaging that says....
Pandora
Unforgettable Moments

It was, of course, a beautiful gift.....but the aftermath of the spending ain't that pretty though...hehe....unless you're one of those who can control yourself at getting just a couple of charms ^_^

I obviously couldn't leave my Moments Silver Bangle (Star) - Limited Edition (that cost RM338 by the way) bracelet looking all lonely without any of its shiny and glittering friends, right?

So, let me take you on my first (and last!) Pandora journey.  My journey began with my first purchase of this Midnight Blue Moon & Star dangly charm (RM253) as the centre piece and two spacers, the Blue Pave Inspiration (RM126 each).  P/S: For the uninitiated, spacers are smaller charms that are used to separate the larger charms and add a subtle touch of style or colour to your bracelet.

Next for my work-in-progress bracelet came these two shimmering charms...White Pave Ball (RM295 each) and two decorative clips....Sparkling Leaves (RM253 each) for a touch of sparkle and glitter.  P/S: Again for the unfamiliar, clips offer balance and safety to your charms (other than the safety chain) in case your bracelet clasp opens.

Since my purchases were made during the festive period, I got a sweet-looking pink box (to store even more charms!) and some lovely angpow packets (that was in 2015).

Then I added two Blue Nautical Pave Stripe (RM295 each) for a touch of elegance.  It's obvious by now that I was going for a blue-coloured theme.

And then the prices went up...as if it weren't already expensive enough. T_T  So, I had to pay more for these two charms called Dazzling Daisy (RM329 each) to add even more glitz and glamour to my bracelet. ^o^

At the same time, I also bought the Sparkling Butterfly Ring (RM289) which I regretted soon after coz, due to oxidation, the ring needs to be polished (with the Pandora Polishing Cloth provided) each time I want to wear it...haiz! :(

Finally, I completed my bracelet with two pieces of Abstract Silver Charm with Faceted Iridescent Blue Murano Glass (RM229 each).  Even though I could still fit in a few more charms but the bracelet was beginning to feel a bit heavy so these became my last additions.  These befitting final two pieces (I felt) brought out the splash of blue in my blue-themed bracelet.

As much as it was stylish, stunning and exquisite with a touch of elegance, I soon fell out of love with Pandora two years later.  I guess it was just an infactuation...haha! ^_*

And so, 13 charms...plus a ring later.....and a few thousand ringgit poorer, my love affair with Pandora was over, just like that >_<

For those who wish to embark on a journey of unforgettable moments...it's going to be unforgettable alright....you can't forget the insane amount of money you paid, or going to pay, for the whole bracelet (tears of happiness initially replaced with short-lived happiness in the end...at least in my case)!!! :D :D

To the gals.....

.....and may it be something sparkly...hehe! ;D

10 comments:

  1. This Pandora has very elegant pieces to make all ladies smile. I went inside the MV outlet to take a good look and understood why they are so popular and nice. Your big collection needs a display shelf soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo, I only have one bracelet lah! ;D Since you were in the MV outlet, is Secret Santa springing a surprise on someone soon? ;)

      Delete
  2. Gah! Your Pandora bracelet is gorgeous! So what your friends got you was more or less a starter kit and you went on to add those lovely charms. I have been eyeing those Pandora bracelets like forever but could not bring myself to spend so much money on it. I have spent some small money on diamond bracelets/earrings and eventually (like you) fell out of love with them. My brother once told me, sis if you spend RM5k on a hi-fi sound system, you can feel and enjoy the money spent. But if you spend that amount on jewellery, you just wear it once or twice and after that you don't feel any benefits or derive any joy. I think he is right. And hey, you want to donate your Pandora bracelet or not? wahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have fallen out of love but I still have some feelings for Pandora leh...kekeke! ;D Well, if I do donate away my bracelet one day, I'm afraid you'll have to wait in line with some of my friends....muahahahaha! :D Eh, I would have thought a diamond bracelet would cost more. And P/S: Don't listen to your brother...they're guys, they don't understand why women love jewellery...haha! ;D

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I have a charm bracelet from Pandora. I love their jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, there truly is a price to pay when you open Pandora's box! ;) luckily trinkets aren't my temptation ... cos I can imagine the chunk it'd take out of my budget! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know what takes a chunk out of a woman's budget...haha! ;D I like how you referenced this to opening the Pandora box...yeah, there's a price to pay....wakakakaka! :D

      Delete
  5. Luckily I'm not fan of Pandora, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you....you don't have to spend a fortune on it then...hehe! ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...